Friday, February 3, 2012

Pretty sick boy

Yesterday Mom picked me up from preschool like she does every Tuesday and Thursday. Normally when she gets there I finish reading my book (most days I take my sweet time doing so) before I go over and hug her. Yesterday I saw her, I got right up and went over to her, laid my head on her and said, "I'm glad you're here." She hugged me and noticed I felt warm. My teacher said I was acting fine all day - nothing out of the ordinary. When we got home Mom took my temp and it was over 102. Somewhere around 102.5 - 102.8. She gave me some Tylenol and lunch. I drank some juice but didn't want to eat. I took a nap but when I woke my temp was over 103 degrees - around 103.5.

I would just lay on the couch, barley open my eyes, not talk much but when I did was very soft and slow. Mommy said my eyes were kind of rolling around. I wouldn't really focus on anything. She knew I needed to go to the Dr. so she called and made an appointment (around 3:00) but they couldn't get me in until 7:00. After Mom hung up and checked on my again she didn't feel ok waiting that long. She called Daddy to come home because she was scared of how sick I was. Daddy came home and Mom had already started getting me ready to go to Urgent Care. We got in car and drove the short distance to the clinic. We were almost there, just pulling in the parking lot and I threw up all over myself. "Too many grapes" I said. :) I later told Dad the Mom gave me too many grapes. In her defense I wasn't really eating or drinking anything but I did want grapes so she gave me a small bowl full.

Mom and Dad got me cleaned up the best they could. Christine came to our rescue with clean clothes for me and I got in to see the Dr. While we waited I just laid in Daddy's arms. So limp and weak.

The Dr. said both my ears were red and my throat was REALLY red. She thought I looked "streppy" so she wrote me a prescription and told Mom I needed to drink Pedialtye because I was starting to look dehydrated.

As soon as we got home Dad went to get my medicine at the store. Mom gave me medicine for my fever and a juice box of Pedialyte. It wasn't long I started to perk up so Mommy gave me a bath. I ate some dinner
but the closer it got to bedtime I started getting lethargic and warm again. Daddy was putting me to bed and I had a temp of 103 and chills. I couldn't stop shivering. Mommy and Daddy both offered to lay in my room with me but I told them, "I just want to lay by myself." I fell asleep right away.

I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and thought it was morning time. Mom heard my door close and got up. I told her I wanted to "watch a show and have breakfast." Mom also thought it was morning - but when she looked at the clock she told me it was too early. It was still night time. I told her I wanted some juice so she gave me some more ibuprophen, got me a pedialyte juice box, we snuggled on the couch while I drank that and watched 2 Calliou shows. By the end of the 2nd one I was starting to perk up again and Mommy put me back to bed. I slept in until around 9:00.

I've been feeling SOOO much better today! I think my medicine from the Dr. is kicking in and my throat doesn't hurt anymore. The Dr. said they'd call if the strep test was positive. They haven't called yet so Mom is assuming it must have been negative.

Hopefully I'm on the mend and continue to just get better and better!

No comments: