Friday, September 13, 2013

Kindergarten Update

So far Kindergarten is going really well. It's almost been a month since I started and I am liking it. At first I thought they had too many weird rules and told Mom I didn't like it anymore but I got over that the next day. 

I am getting the hang of all the procedures like drop off and pick up routine, the lunch room routine and all that stuff. 

I am loving the things we are doing - even though I already know most of it like phonics, counting, colors etc...but I still have fun and there are some things that I'm not as familiar with that I'm getting better at like coins. My teacher said I'm a very good reader. 

This week I was a PRIDE Star student. I got a certificate from our principal and got to pick out a pencil and a ruler for my hard work. I followed the PRIDE rules which are: 

•Promote positive attitudes
•Respect yourself and others
•Insist on your personal best
•Discuss and listen actively
•Expect honesty and be trustworthy

Mom came to my classroom one day this week to help our teacher and class with Literacy Centers. Mom did the center where we practiced writing our name. It was fun to see Mom at school. 

Today we had team pride day since it's the Iowa vs. Iowa State game tomorrow. We were supposed to wear our favorite team if we had a shirt. I was the only one in my class of 20 to wear Iowa State but I didn't care. :)

Here are a few pictures my teacher shared with parents on her blog. 

Doing a rhyming word puzzle.
When you find two words that rhyme the pieces will fit together.

Using the SMART Board to play with virtual magnetic letters on the virtual fridge. 

Sorting coins with my classmates. 

No comments: