Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Family Vacation

The last week in July we took a family vacation to Minneapolis. We spent a couple nights up there and had a lot of fun. We stayed in an awesome hotel that has a big indoor water park. I was a little unsure about all of it at first but it didn't take me long to warm up to it and pretty soon I was going down water slides, jumping in the wave pool and barreling through sprinklers.

We also make a couple trips over to the Mall of America which of course included the Lego Store as well as meeting some of the Ninja Turtles. Mom thought I'd be all excited about the TMNT but to be honest I was a little nervous. I thought their eyes were freaky. I felt more comfortable having Dad go with me to meet them.
We had lunch at The Rainforest Cafe again. I got to pick and I picked that so Blythe could see it. She had never been there.

We spent a lot of time in the water park. Emily S. came to join us for dinner and some water time one night too.

I loved that our hotel had bunk beds. I called them the "double decker couch" like they do in the Lego Movie. I chose to sleep on the top bunk and it was awesome!

Even Mom joined in on the water fun. It was a lot of fun having the whole family playing together in the water and having fun together. Mom was going to down water slides which she said she hadn't done in at least 20 years! Twenty years....? That's a loooong time!

There was a big bucket that would dump water ever so often. I did my best to avoid it. I'd was careful to watch it and when it was getting close to tipping I'd make sure I was in a safe spot where it wouldn't get me. Mom loved letting it dump on her though and she tried to get me to stand with her but I wouldn't.

We also visited the Minnesota Children's Museum. We went there last summer too but they had some different things than last year and it was fun. Blythe and I both liked the water/bubble area and I LOVED the warehouse part. They have one area where you can pretend to work in a warehouse moving blocks up and down an elevator, moving them across a belt, putting them on and off a truck to the shipping and receiving area. It is just so much fun! It was definitely my favorite.

We all had a great trip!





The first and smallest slide I was willing to try.



Watching to see if the bucket of water is close to tipping. 

Moved on to a bigger slide. 


LOVING the water slides! 




Mom took this one from the balcony of our hotel room.
Dad, Blythe and I in the wave pool.

In the wave pool! 

Playing on the bunk beds. 


Me and Mom having fun in the water! 



Mom on the water slide!


Me cheering Mom on after she came down this slide.




The big bucket dump!



Blythe loved these animals.

Blythe playing with bubbles at the museum.

I made a HJUGE bubble! 


The warehouse at the Children's Museum.




Another room of the museum.


No comments: