Saturday, September 26, 2009

17 months - came and went....

I'm behind again! I turned 17 months old a week ago and I missed my post again! Sorry! I am trying to keep busy. One thing that is keeping me busy is learning and growing. I try to mimic almost everything mom and dad do, and repeat everything they say. I have learned several new words, too many to count or list. But one big one that Mom is thrilled about is I finally say "mama"! She said it warms her heart every time I say it.

I have become a busy, climbing, running, talking but pretty well behaved little boy. Sometimes I have to go in timeout, but usually a warning is all I need. When I do end up in timeout I catch Mom and Dad trying not to laugh. I can be kind of a stinker there. I start out on my timeout mat, and then as the time ticks on I creep closer to the edge...maybe stand up and put my toes on the edge....a little closer....they might be off just a little. Or I lay down on my belly and reach my finger tips over the edge. Sometimes I get really brave and actually step off the mat completely. But as soon as Mom or Dad comes toward I scurry right back on it. I know I'm supposed to stay there, but sometimes I just need to test them.

Mom and Dad recently bought me a baseball tee. I really like playing with it.
I put the ball on it all by myself. I am getting better at hitting the ball. I usually hit the ball with the handle end of the bat, but I'm slowly learning to swing and hit with the other end. I also have mastered going down the slide on my climber by myself. (In this picture notice my sippy cup I set on my baseball tee) :)

I'm getting a little bit pickier about what I eat. I love fruit, peas and green beans are good - I especially like them cold. I still like broccoli. Any meat I eat must have some sort of sauce on it; ketchup, bbq, or honey mustard. Spaghetti is a favorite!

This week Mom and I went to story time at a local library for the first time. Mom had been trying to find something like this for us to do for awhile. She found this and it's broken down by age group so it's kids closer to the same age. The children's librarian came in and sang a couple songs with us. She then put some books down for us kids to play with while she read us a short story. After that we sang a couple more songs and then she got out a bag of toys. We were then given time to just play together and our moms could visit. It was a fun time and Mom said we'll be going back again. She said it will be a good opportunity for me to get together with other kids once a week. I'm looking forward to it!

I don't really remember much about Halloween last year but Mom and Dad told me it's coming up again. I guess Mom picked up a costume for me - I had to try it on and at this point I am less than thrilled about it. It has a hood and when Mom put that up it really ticked me off! It could be interesting.

No comments: