I've been waiting and waiting and the day finally came - Wednesday, October 10, 2012 I became a big brother to Blythe Marie. I was a little cautious around her at first, but interested to meet her.
Tuesday Grandma Dahlstrom came to our house and spent the night. When I woke up Wednesday morning Mom and Dad had already left to go to the hospital. They had to be there by 6:30 in the morning. That's early! Mom was scheduled to have her surgery at 8:30 but I guess she had to wait a little longer because there was another baby that needed to be born right away. It was only about a half hour though so at 9:22 a.m. my baby sister was born.
I got to go meet her around 11:30. Grandma took me there and Grandpa and Grandma Cota and Granny all came too. Mom and Dad let me go in the room and meet Blythe first. After I got to meet her then my grandparents came in and I got to introduce her to them and tell them her name. I had known her name for a couple months and kept it a secret that whole time. If anyone would ask I would tell them, "It's a SURPRISE!!"
After our first visit we headed back home and came back later when Grandpa Dahlstrom and Uncle Brent, Aunt Kari and Reese came.The next day Grandpa and Grandma Cota came back to our house to stay with me. I got to visit Mom, Dad and Blythe a couple times a day while they were at the hospital and Dad came home a couple times. Friday night he even came home to do our bedtime routine. :)
We're all working on getting into a new normal around our house but so far it seems to be alright. My little sister hasn't changed things too much - yet. :) Mom and Dad say I'm doing a good job at being a big brother. I think I'm pretty good at it too.








No comments:
Post a Comment