![]() |
| Being a Jedi with my "light saber". |
Right now I'm really into Super Heroes - Marvel and DC as well as Legos. When I started out playing with Legos I liked the special sets that showed you each step to build things. As I've built more with them I now like to use my imagination and build my own things. I have built some pretty neat things.
Mom was getting a little tired of our kitchen table being covered in Legos all day and night so She and Dad worked out a set up in my room that is perfect for me. They found me a desk and a little lamp that works perfect for me to stand at build with Legos. They offered to get me a chair for it but I told them I'd rather just stand. They realized that was probably best since I'm always up and down getting different bricks and pieces. They also found me a great storage system that fits nicely next to my desk and allows for my Legos to be separated into 6 different bins. We sorted them by color so now it's much easier for me to find what I'm looking for. It makes clean up a lot easier too. Mom and I are both happier. :)
![]() |
| My Lego corner in my room. |
I still love to play xBox. I like my Lego Batman and Lego Marvel games best. I love playing with Dad. Mom too, but Dad knows more about what we need to do in the game so it's more fun to play with him. Mom doesn't know much about video games but it's fun when she tries.
I have been asking about Star Wars here and there for a month or so but this past weekend I decided I really wanted to know more so we watched a couple Star Wars movies. From there a jedi was born. :) I go all in on the things that interest me and I'm in - finding things I have to pretend are light sabers, creating Star Wars characters from the Lego figures I have, building Star Wars vehicles with my Legos...Mom thinks Dad is excited about it too because it gives him a chance to watch and do these things that he enjoys as well.
School is going well. I'm reading well above my grade level. Per the request of my teacher we have been working a little extra at home on my writing and spelling. I'm showing much improvement in my writing and she said I'm doing a great job spelling.
I have been telling Mom and Dad that I don't like school lately. I tell them the day is so long and that I don't like to work hard. We have had several days where it's been too cold to play outside for recess. On those days we stay in our classroom and do play centers. We've also had several late starts due to winter weather. Mom feels like the lack of getting outside to break up my day is taking a toll on me. Last week I had a couple instances where I made some bad choices and bit a couple friends in my class and another day I punched one of them. Because of these things I visited with our SAM at school and he called and talked to Mom. I also visited with our principal the next day. Mom and Dad really feel I'm ok and nothing is going on at school to make me upset. They talked to me about how I can't behave that way and now I'm going to work really hard on making good choices all the time. Mr. Frazier reminded me to "keep your hands, feet and other objects to yourself." I told Mom that maybe if she wrote me a note with that on it it would help me remember. So she did that.
Mom and Dad tell me I'm a great big brother. I'm really starting to enjoy playing with Blythe more. I watch out for her and like to make her laugh. She tries to wrestle me and for the most part I do well playing while being gentle with her. Dad says I'm like a big toy to her. She likes to do what I'm doing too. The one thing I don't like her to do is get into my Legos. I let her play with my super heroes though and she learned a lot of their names. I think that's awesome.
It's been a long winter, even for a kid but I have enjoyed playing in the snow and got to go sledding a few times. That's been fun.
I'm getting better about trying new foods and am eating a few more foods without complaining. :) Mom makes dinner at home most every night and she and Dad have me try something different pretty often. I still could afford to open my mind a bit but I'm getting there. One good thing about it is I will not try pop. Mom and Dad have offered to let me try it. I tried it a few years ago and haven't tried it since. I am a milk, apple juice and water boy. Mom says that's a good thing.
I have lost only those two bottom teeth so far. One of my middle top teeth has been a little loose for awhile but hasn't come close to being ready to come out yet.
Some tv shows I like watching these days are Team Umi Zoomi again. I used to watch it, then stopped but now I enjoy watching it again. I also like watching Henry Hugglemonster, Wallykazam and PAW Patrol.
For breakfast every morning I usually eat oatmeal. Either peach, strawberry, banana or blueberry. Some mornings I ask for peanut butter bread and a banana but most mornings I want my oatmeal.
The one school lunch I don't like is hot dogs. I usually take cold lunch on those days if I don't like the main meal choice. I like taking cold lunch but Mom doesn't let me take it if there is something served that I do like.
I have taken more of an interest in music lately. I ask to hear songs that I hear on the radio, or Mom and Dad will find me singing certain songs that are played on the radio. Some of them are Say Something by Great Big World, Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus, Thrift Shop by Macklemore, Royals by Lorde, What Does the Fox Say, Let it Go from the Frozen soundtrack. I think they think it's funny to hear me sing those songs but I don't. I just like singing them. I'm really drawn to Say Something. When I watch that one on You Tube it completely draws me in. I asked Mom, "That's a sad song, right?" She said "yes, how did you know that?" I told her I could tell by their voices. She thought that was a great observation.
I still won't sleep under my covers in my bed. I sleep on top of my comforter every night. Not on my pillows either. I sleep upside down (head toward the foot of the bed) in the middle of my bed on top of the covers. Drives Mom nuts but she picks her battles. I told her maybe when I'm a grown up I'll use pillows and sleep under blankets. She's not holding her breath.
Since I'm in school I go to bed most every night between 7:30 - 7:45. Mom isn't sure what time I wake since I'm always up when she gets up to make me breakfast. I just play with my Legos, quietly in my room until she comes and gets me.
That's about all I can think of to update on. I'm looking forward to my birthday this year. I'm already thinking about what I'll wish for and how I'll celebrate. I'm growing up so fast!


No comments:
Post a Comment