Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Almost....6 months check-up....

I went in today for my 6 month check-up, which means I got shots. No fun! But, I did great. I only cried for a few seconds. As soon as mommy picked me up I stopped. Can't ask for much more than that I don't think! And, the nurse gave me a little board book to take home with me. How cool is that?!?! I love books!

Here's the facts; I weigh 15 lbs 9 oz ( 25%ile), am 27 1/2 inches long (75%ile) and my head is 43 cm (25%ile). Where does that length come from? My mom and dad sure aren't tall! My dr thought it would probably even out and I'd be back in the 50th percentile soon. I wasn't supposed to go in for my appointment until Thursday, but mommy thought she had been noticing that my pupils were sometimes different sizes. She was a little concerned about it and said she'd feel better after my dr. checked me out. He looked me over pretty good and said I look very healthy. There was nothing he was concerned about with my eyes or head at all. He said developmentally I'm right on track, my growth is steady, I follow well with my eyes and he isn't worried about it. But, he told mommy for her peace of mind maybe take me to an eye doctor. (Shhh....don't tell her I told you, but my mommy is kind of a worrier) It just so happens to be that my Grandma D. works for an eye dr. So, mommy called her and they are going to find a time to take me to see that eye dr. so mommy can stop worrying.

My big long post about all my accomplishments in the past month will come next week, when I'm officially 6 months old, but for now, I wanted to share how my appointment went.

Thanks for checking in on me!

Love,
Cohen

No comments: