Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend away...

No, I didn't go anywhere, but I had my first weekend away from my parents. Mom and Dad went to a football game with some of their friends, and Marlie and I got to spend the weekend with Grandma D, she came to our house and stayed with us. We had a lot of fun! Grandma took me to church Saturday evening. I had fun watching people, I'm kind of nosey, so I had my head cranked every direction trying to see everything. I also enjoyed listening to the music, I really like music. Mom and Dad brought me a stuffed Cy that says "Go Cyclones" and then plays the Iowa State fight song. I think it's
pretty neat, and I like to chew on it.

Other news, I can now officially sit up on my own. I told you how I had been working so hard at it, and all that work has paid off. Friday mommy and I went to visit my little friend Parker and his mommy. When we got to their house Parker was sitting on the floor and Mom told his mom I couldn't sit up yet. Well, she sat me down and sat behind me to hold me up, but I didn't need her to. I could sit there on my own! And through the weekend I just got better and better


I also started chattering a lot more. Mom and Dad left Saturday morning, and came home Sunday afternoon, but couldn't get over how much more I was babbling when they got home compared to when they left. I would babble to myself and Marlie, and a little to Mom and Dad, but now, honestly, I am a chatter box. Mom said it never ceases to amaze her how quickly I change.

Parker and me in our monkey suits.

No comments: