Monday, January 19, 2009

9 months old!


I turned 9 months old today! This morning I had to go to the Dr. for a check-up. It went well; my Dr. said I'm long and skinny. I weighed in at 17 lbs. 15 oz. (10th %ile) and measured 29 inches long (75th %ile). He is not concerned about my skinny little self, because I'm meeting or exceeding all the milestones a 9 month old should be. He said since I'm eating well, he thinks I just burn a lot of calories being the busy little guy that I am. So, all good news there. Mom said we are going to start slowly working toward getting rid of my bottles. I'm not sure I like this idea, but I guess I'll humor mom and go with the flow. I will start to have whole milk with my meals, and still have formula in my bottles.

As far as eating, I've been eating more table food with Mom and Dad. I like pretty much everything. And...I prefer to feed myself. I really like cheese slices, chicken with bbq sauce, and peas. They are some of my favorites of the new foods I've been eating. I am still taking 5 bottles each day, but like I said, we're supposed to work toward cutting back on that.

Sleeping: I'm still a good sleeper. I sleep about 11- 12 hours a night with two 1 1/2 - 2 hour naps each day.

I am a very happy, smiley little boy. I enjoy playing with my Mommy and Daddy, my puppy dog, and even by myself. I like to watch Go, Diego, Go, eat bananas and puffs. I love to sleep with my Iowa State snuggly blanket and my little monkey. Sometimes Mom catches me talking to him when I wake up.

Oh, and I have moved into my new, bigger car seat. I haven't ridden in it in the car yet, but I did get to try it out before Mom put it in the car. Tonight, after Dad got home, she met a police officer at the police station to check it over and make sure it was installed properly. There were a few changes he made to it, and when he was done, mom said he was very surprised, and pleased with how secure it was. He said it was the most secure car seat he's ever installed, it's not going anywhere. That made mom feel good - and me too! So, here's a picture of me in my new car seat - before it went in the car.

And, yesterday I Mom and Dad took me outside to check out the snow. Of course mom snapped a couple pictures. Enjoy!



No comments: