Hello friends! I'm back to the blogging world. Cohen's Crib Notes is now Cohen's Corner. I'm still in my crib of course, but just wanted to change it up a bit now that I'm one. I took a short break (or long break according to some) but I'll do my best to keep up with this a little better again.Let's see...I should probably start by updating you on my 12 month check-up which I had the day after my birthday. I weighed 18 lbs 14 oz and was 29 1/2 inches long. My dr. said I was a healthy 12 month old. I had to get a few shots, which I cried for but not too bad. Afterward I had to get my finger poked for some routine blood work and that made me MAD! I cried, and screamed and screamed and cried. Mommy always does ok for my shots, but that finger poke almost made her cry too. She felt so bad for me. We both survived and hopefully I don't have to do that again for a long time.
Since I posted last we celebrated Mommy's birthday, Uncle Brent's birthday, and Mother's Day. We also celebrated a couple high school graduations and Memorial Day. I have been a busy boy! Last weekend we celebrated Memorial Day by going to the parade and program. I saw Grandpa C. walking in the parade and I also saw some funny clowns that I liked to watch. I still wasn't up for collecting candy, but maybe next year.
I really love to play outside. I got some great outside toys for my birthday, sandbox, firetruck and climber. Mom and Dad also got me a pool to splash around in - I like all of them, but I LOVE the water! 
It's so fun to splash in it...I plan to spend a lot of time playing in the water this summer. I hope Mom and Dad have the same plan for me. Mom and Dad recently had our yard fenced in so now we can let Marlie out to play with us too and they don't have to worry about either one of us sneaking off to the street. We all are loving it!
Mom, our friend Paula and I made a trip to the Children's Zoo in Cedar Rapids. It's a small zoo, but it was fun to see the animals. They have a couple calves, piglets, a donkey, a lot of ducks, some prarie dogs, chickens and a turkey. I know I probably forgot at least one animal they have, but we had fun. Then Friday Mom, Dad and I visited
Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines. That was a lot of fun! They had a lot of cool animals and I really liked watching them. There were some exhibits I could get really close to the animals so I got a
good view of them. Mom said we'll have to go back again when I'm a little older. I can't wait!I'm still not officially walking, but I have taken some steps on my own. The most consecutive steps I've taken is about 10 - but usually I only take 3-4 before I say "enough of this" and go back to crawling. I'm just not in a big hurry to walk. I do just fine getting where I need to go. I'm sure eventually I'll change my mind and go for it, but for now I'll just keep working on it little by little.
Some of my favorite things to do right now are stack my plastic rings, stack blocks or cups and knock them over, collect things in a container, dump them out and start over and read books.
My sleeping habits haven't changed any. Still sleeping about 12 hours a night with two 1 1/2 - 2 hour naps each day. I love to eat! I have three meals and one snack a day. Some of my favorite foods are whole grain blueberry eggo waffles, grahm crackers, mandarin oranges, broccoli, bbq chicken, grilled burgers, peaches, pears, bananas and yogurt melts.
I am sure I forgot several things I should have updated you on. I'll be back soon! Thanks for checking in!
No comments:
Post a Comment