I forgot to update you on my appointment I had on Wednesday. Everything went pretty well. I had to get one shot, which I didn't even cry for. I also had to get my finger poked so they could test my iron and lead levels. I didn't cry for that either! That made it easier on Mom I think. :)
I weighed 23.8 lbs (7th percentile) and was 35" tall (68th percentile).
My doctor said I'm "not the biggest guy in the world" but he is not concerned about my weight at all because I'm "following a curve" meaning I've been growing at a steady pace. There have been no major increases or decreases in the last 2 years. Same goes for my height and head circumference.
Mom asked him about how I don't eat much and rarely eat meat. He told her if I eat one good meal a day that's about what to expect from a 2 year old. And he said I could take a multi-vitamin with iron since I'm not much a meat eater. He said that is also common in kids my age. He calls it "selective vegetarian". :) He's funny.
He asked Mom what kinds of things I was up to and when she told him some of the things I'm doing he was quite impressed. He said many of things I'm doing he doesn't expect to see until closer to age three and some not even until age four. He joked with Mom and said he thinks next year they'll have to adjust the charts for me and we'll be talking algebra. Then he joked and said, "I think we ought to dumb you down a little this summer." :)
He asked if I had any interest in potty training. Mom told him I'm not really into doing that yet and he assured her that was fine and to let me gain interest in that in my own time. He said it's best not to push it if I am a little anxious about it. It could lead to me having a bigger fear of it than anything.
So all in all I had a pretty good appointment. He said my heart and lungs sound good, my eyes, noes, ears and throat look good. I'm getting my 2 year molars. Developmentally I'm well ahead of the scale. I guess that's all good! :)
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment