Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I've been forgetful...

Today Mom asked me if I've been doing my 'monthly update' on the new things I'm doing, my weight/height etc. I couldn't lie. I had to tell her that since I turned two and we quite counting my age by months I haven't done that. :/ So, I guess it's time I do a run down, huh?

Well, as of today I am *almost* 2 and 1/4 years old. I weigh about 25 lbs and am about 34 1/2 inches tall.

My vocabulary has been exploding the last couple of months. I am speaking much more clearly and I say ANYTHING! I repeat everything and I love to learn what new things are.

Since it's summer and we have a lot more going on my bedtime has been a bit more flexible on nights we are doing something fun. If we are home though, Mom and Dad do their best to stick to my routine, which is bed around 8:30. When I first moved to my big boy bed I would wake earlier than I had been but I have since adjusted and usually sleep until about 8:30 in the morning.

I still enjoy my oatmeal for breakfast but from time to time they switch it up on me and I get waffles, cinnamon sticks and syrup or pancakes. Yum! I LOVE pancakes!

I still take my 'guys' to bed with me. They are my most prized possessions.

I do have a new show I like to watch on TV. It's not really new, but new to me. It's Little Einsteins. I love singing the intro song and doing the actions they characters do on the show. I pat my legs to 'rev up their rocket' so they can take off. Mom said she'd try and catch me on video so I can share. She and Dad think it's pretty funny. And, I also recite the intro to Thomas but I already shared that with you.

I'm really into identifying the different sports when I see them on TV or play them outside. Baseball, basketball, golf and thanks to the World Cup and Stanly Cup...soccer and hockey. Mom and Dad say I have quite the arm on me. I love to practice throwing my baseball with my glove on one hand. I throw it, go get it, throw it again, over and over. It's fun! I also like to hit the ball off the tee.

This summer I am loving the water. We got a bigger inflatable pool and I love to splash and jump around in it.

I have been spending a lot of time with my best bud, Parker this summer. When someone asks, "Cohen, who is your best friend?" I respond, "Parker - Best Friend". We really do play together a lot more than we used to and we have fun. I still have some work to do on sharing but I think I'm getting better. When Parker and I are going to play, before we get together Mom and Dad have a little talk with me and remind me about sharing toys and taking turns and it does help to remind me. I still 'hoard' as Mom and Dad call it where I try to carry as many toys around with me at one time as I can - BUT like I said, I am making progress! :)

I'm still not a great eater. Mom and Dad try to get me to try new things. Once in a great while I will surprise them and do it but not very often. The things I will eat are mostly things that aren't that great for me, which is why they keep trying new things. I like mac and cheese (ONLY the whole grain rotini Velveeta cheese kind), cheese pizza (don't try and sneak anything else on there...I'll find it!), chicken tenders/nuggets, fish sticks (sometimes), peanut butter sandwich (although this is becoming more rare that I eat it), bananas, peas, grapes, strawberries, oatmeal, cheese slices, plain wheat bread, yogurt, mandarin oranges and pears. Most anything else I will hand back and say "No thank you". Oh, and I do LOVE strawberry milk! Yum! And ice cream...it's one of my favorites!

One of my tricks I may have told you about before is how I show off my muscles! Ask me to do it sometime....I'm not afraid to show 'em to you...if you can handle it. :)

Mom has decided even though I changed A LOT from birth - 1 year, I changed even more from 1 - 2 years. I'm can do soooo much more this summer and we are having a blast!

No comments: