Saturday, December 25, 2010

And more Christmas...

Christmas Eve we went to Uncle Brent and Kari's house to celebrate with our Dahlstrom family. It had snowed all day and all night the night before so we weren't sure if we'd make it but we did. Mom and Dad really wanted to us to get there but didn't want drive if it was bad roads. I slept the whole way up there but they said it was a little snowy on the way up but we made it fine. The way home was another story though and I didn't sleep. I was singing and yelling in the back seat which was a little distracting to Dad so Mom put a DVD on to quiet me down. I heard them say they could only drive 35 on the interstate because of all the snow. I did see a lot of cars in the ditch too. Mom said they just had to stay there because there was a tow ban. I'm glad we got to go because we all had fun and Daddy did a good job getting us home safe and sound!

I got "Tidmouth Sheds" from Uncle Brent and Kari and some trains from Grandma and Grandpa for it. I have been having so much fun playing with them! I also got Candy Land, Kinectimals for the Xbox (Daddy got Kinect) and Toy Story 3 DVD. I'm a very lucky boy!

Today I woke up a little earlier than usual and I wasn't happy. Mommy tried to get me to lay back down. I did but it wasn't long I got back up again and I still wasn't happy. She thought if we all got up and went down stairs I'd be happy when I saw all of my presents. I tried to get excited but it didn't last long. Mom and Dad got me a train table! I had pointed it out in every toy flyer for months and told Mommy and Daddy, "I need that". As soon as I saw it I said, "You found it, Mommy! You found it!" I played with it for just a few minutes and said I wanted to go back to bed. So I did but I didn't say in there long. I got up and wanted some strawberry milk. Mommy knew something wasn't right but fulfilled my request for the milk. It didn't stay in my tummy long and I threw up. I threw up several times over the next hour or so. Every time I'd start to feel sick I'd say, "I want to go back to bed" and Mom and Dad knew to get me to the hard floor or bathroom if they could. Finally I said, "I want to go back to bed" and I did. I just went to my room by myself, closed the door and went to bed. I slept for a long time, got up, came down stairs and said, "I FEEL BETTER!" And I did. The rest of the day I was fine and got to open my presents and play with my new toys. I got a lot of great gifts. I got some new puzzles, a Leap Frog Explorer game, an Easel, my train table of course, some stuff for my Potato Head, some new undies...I must have been a good boy! My Christmas ended much better than it started.

We had plans to go to Granny's, Grandpa & Grandma Cota's and Great Grandpa and Grandma Cota's houses today but of course we didn't. Mom said we'll go tomorrow and have Christmas with them.

No comments: