Saturday we got up and played at Granny's house and Mom, Dad, Granny and I went out for breakfast. That afternoon I got to go hang out with Grandpa Cota at his house while Mom, Dad and Granny went to do some shopping. Grandpa and I had fun! We had popcorn, chips, played with the toy airplane, played catch with the big blue ball, played trains and waited for the cuckoo clocks to chime.
When Mommy and Daddy got back it was time for a nap. I had to get rested up because we were going to a restaurant to have supper with Dewey, Danette and their family. I had fun watching the fish in the fish tank by our table. After dinner Dewey
took me down to the Mississippi river to teach me about skipping rocks. I don't know if I quite got it - but I will!After that we headed back to Granny's to get rested up for Sunday. I woke Daddy up by saying, "Happy Father's Day!!" Mom and I got ready and met Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Cota, Ron, Brigid, Bob, Kathy and Grandpa Cota for breakfast. Mom and I didn't eat though because we were heading to Great Grandpa and Grandma Jones' house for a family get together with all of Granny's family.
It didn't take long for me to take a tumble. The last get together we had there I ran right into the doorway and got the biggest bump to date on my forehead. This time I was running with some cousins and as usual not watching where I was going and ran right off the steep bank. I rolled down, down, down. Mommy was in the house and Daddy was right there but it happened too fast for him to be able to do anything. Fortunately I didn't get hurt. I had grass stains all over my shirt, a little scrape and bruise on my butt cheek but all in all I was alright- THANK GOD! It's a loooong ways down.
After all that excitement, some lunch and more running I was ready to go back to Granny's and so was Daddy. So we headed back but it wasn't long and Mommy called for us to come back to cross something else off our summer list!
No comments:
Post a Comment