On October 19 I turned 3 and half years old. I'm half way to four - well over half way now. :) Mom said we hadn't given a summary of what I'm up to lately and thought now was as good of time as any. So here I go...
Sleeping - I go to bed around 8:30 and wake around 7:00-7:30. When I wake up I go in the toy room or living room and play until I'm ready for breakfast. Some mornings Mom sleeps a little longer while I play. I come get her when I'm ready for breakfast - usually by 8:00.
For breakfast I almost always have peanut butter bread, a banana and chocolate milk or a bowl of strawberry oatmeal and chocolate milk. For couple months I've been getting a little bit of Miralax (a laxative) in my chocolate milk. It's really helped me and cut down on the number of potty accidents I have.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday I'm home with Mom all day. Tuesday and Thursday I go to preschool in the mornings. Dad drops me off and Mom picks me up. I love school! There are 13 kids in my class. I always look forward to going.
Things I enjoy playing with at home - still my trains. I LOVE them. I play with them on the floor, on my train table, I read train books - anything and EVERYTHING trains! I also like Toy Story. I enjoy watching the three Toy Story movies, playing with my Buzz Lightyear and Sheriff Woody dolls re-enacting scenes from the movie. I'm also into Jake and the Neverland Pirates and have fun pretending to be Jake or Captain Hook - dressing up in my pirate hat with my sword or using my fake hook for a hand.
Foods: Some of my favorite foods haven't changed a whole lot. I like chicken nuggets, pizza, fish sticks, whole grain rotini Velveeta mac and cheese (it's the ONLY kind I'll eat), cheese curds, french fries, yogurt, granola bars, blueberries, apples, grapes, bananas, broccoli, green beans, peas, popcorn and peanuts. I am not much for trying new things. It takes a lot of convincing for Mom and Dad to get me to try something new but usually it doesn't happen at all.
I am doing more singing of songs lately. Songs from Toy Story (You Got a Friend In Me), Jake and Neverland Pirates (Tick Tock Croc), Twinkle Twinkle, The Good-Bye song from school and a few others.
I can count to 100 all by myself. I've been able to do it for awhile with the help of Mom or Dad to get me started on the next series of ten but now I've got it figured out and and do it myself.
I like to practice writing letters and numbers. Mom tried to get me to decorate some Halloween cards for the grandparents and when she came back to check how I was doing I had wrote 1 2 3 4 5 across them. :) I'm really trying to figure out reading. I've known letter phonics for quite awhile but now I'm really working at putting them all together to make words. I know how to spell a few words like, "Play, Cat, Mom, Dad, Dog, Start, Stop" I also am starting to figure out rhyming words. Mom and I have worked on them a little. I don't always get actual words but I am understanding the concept of rhyming. I'll say things like, "bat and at" or "L and hell" Mom doesn't seem as excited about that one - not sure why? :)
Potty training - I think is going better. I still don't do a very good job at telling Mom and Dad when I have to go but I haven't had an accident in quite awhile (like a couple months) so I am doing a good job. I still wear a pull up to bed at night but often times wake up dry. The "poop medicine" I've been taking has really helped. Mom and Dad think since I'd have such a hard time going sometimes it was messing me up and I'd get confused and would just go when I could.
Some things I like watching on TV now are still Team Umi Zoomi, Jake and Neverland Pirates, Sesame Street, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Bubble Guppies and Sid the Science Kid.
That's about all I can think of. I'm a pretty busy little boy but Mom and Dad say I'm still a good boy. I like to please, don't like to upset them but do test my limits once in awhile. I never win though. :)
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment