Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I don't like long naps...

Lately Mom and Dad haven't been having me take naps in the afternoon unless we have something going on that night. For awhile if I didn't nap I was a wreck by 6:00 p.m. and nothing made sense to me. Lately though, I can skip my nap and I'm still functional and happy (as long as I'm fed) until bed time - around 8:30 - 9:00. When I don't have a nap I fall asleep much quicker than I was when I'd take a 2 hour nap. Those nights I could lay in bed for over an hour chatting away.

However, almost every night when going to bed I ask if it's a "long nap or a short nap". Mom and Dad tell me this is the long one and I let them know that "I don't like taking long naps".

Last night Mom woke to me calling her - neither of us are sure what time it was but if we had to guess we'd say between 2:30 and 3:00 a.m. Mom met me at my door right away and asked what was wrong. I asked if my nap was over and if I could get up yet. She told me no, it was still night time. I wasn't crying but I sounded a little sad. When she asked why I was sad I told her, "because I don't like taking long naps". But, like the good boy that I am I listened to her and got back in bed to sleep a little longer.

I guess she's right...I need to recharge my batteries so I can play hard the next day too. :)

No comments: