Monday, July 16, 2012

Swimming Lessons

Today I started swimming lessons at the YMCA. I guess I took some with dad when I was 9 months old but I haven't been back since. This time I don't go in the pool with Mom or Dad. I just go in by myself...with my class and teacher of course. There are two other kids in my class.

I was pretty excited about going. When we first got there I was surprised how big the pool was. I said, "this is a lot bigger than my pool! This is a racing pool!" (referring to the pool I saw on tv while watching the olympic swimming trials).

I got off to a bit of a rough start. We were asked to get in the pool and sit on the steps. I didn't listen very well and kept going...right into the pool which was over my nose. It startled me a little but I didn't freak out too badly. My teacher picked me up and put me back. I was a little more nervous from then on out than I probably would have been had that not happened but I still did a good job, Mom said.

I practiced floating by using a board, I jumped in the water (holding on to the teacher's hands) and practiced kicking my legs.

I'm looking forward to going back next week!


No comments: