Today was my 2nd swimming lesson. Mom was a little unsure of how it would go because I wasn't as excited about going and said I didn't want to go. But once we got there she said I did great.
We jump in the pool and our instructor catches us. Last time I would only jump in if he would hold my hands. The first two times today I wanted to hold his hands while I jump but while I was waiting in line Mom came over and encouraged me to try jumping in without holding his hands. She said if I tried we could get a treat afterward so I was brave. I tried it and I DID IT! She said she was very, very proud of me. I was pretty proud of myself too. I came out of the water with a BIG smile on my face, looked down and Mom and said, "I DID IT!" :) We both were happy.
I told you about last weekend when I accidentally went to far into the water and it went over my nose...well today he wanted me to come off the steps, have us hold onto the side of the wall and scoot our way down the wall. I was very, very afraid to do that. My teacher tried to pull me out and get me to do it but was nervous and hanging on for dear life. I was not about to let that happen where I was too far in the water again. Mom came down and told me I was ok. She said, I would be ok. She told Dad she almost cried because she felt so bad for how scared I looked. My teacher came down and Mom explained to him why I was so afraid so he helped me go down the wall and then I was brave and went back by myself. I just need to build my confidence back up a little.
All in all it went well and when I was done and ran over to Mom and told her, "That was FUN!!" :) When we got home I did get a treat for jumping in all by myself. I got one of my favorites...a peanut butter cup! YUM!
Monday, July 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment