I had a great first week of Kindergarten. I'm starting to catch on to the rules and processes they have. I'm starting to learn the names of my classmates and making new friends.
I am doing much better with school lunch than Mom and Dad anticipated I would. I ate school lunch every day last week and told Mom I ate until I was full. Mom and Dad even notice that I'm eating better at home after just one week of school. I am not complaining about I get for meals, I just eat them - things I normally wouldn't have eaten or would have taken come convincing to eat. I think it's funny that I surprised them. They think it's funny how quickly I've loosened up on my eating quirks.
One thing I wasn't comfortable with the first few days of school was using the bathroom there. I told Mom was scared because the door locks, but Dad knew it really was because of the loud flushers. He and I have talked about how I don't like those loud flushers. I have a chart for getting ready in the morning with 4 things; 1. Potty, 2. Brush teeth, 2. Get Dressed, 4. Shoes On. If I do those four things without messing around and be a good listener I get a sticker. Well Mom told me on Friday if I were really brave and used the bathroom at school I could get an extra sticker. (I earn a quarter for each sticker I get) so on Friday I was really, really brave and I used the bathroom at school....TWICE! So I got two extra stickers. It wasn't as scary as I was anticipating it to be so now I know it's ok to use the bathroom at school. We have a bathroom right in our room so it's easy to use.
Last week my teacher told Mom I got a little sad on the first day. I did have a cold so Mom thought maybe my eyes were just watering. Mom asked me if my eyes were watery that day, I told her no. She asked if I got sad and I said, "A little bit". When she asked me why I told her, "Because I played with the wrong toys." She asked a few more questions and I told her we were allowed to play with some letter toys but I thought we could play with all the toys so I started to play with some other toys and my teacher told me not those. I got sad because I made a mistake. Mom assured me it was ok, my teacher wasn't angry, I just didn't know but now I do.
We're on to week two!
Monday, August 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment