Friday before my birthday we drove to Harpers and spend the night at Granny's house. Saturday morning we got up and Mom had decorated a little bit for my birthday. When she put me to bed Friday night she told me that it was the last time I was going to bed as a five year old. I had to think about that. Once it sunk in I thought that was pretty cool and had to tell Granny and Dad. :)
| Harpers Egg Hunt |
So I woke up Saturday and saw the decorations. We played for awhile and we all got ready to go the Easter Egg hunt. Grandpa C. met us there and hunted eggs with us.After the egg hunt it was time for my birthday party at Grandpa and Grandma C.'s house. I was so excited when I got out to their house. There were Batman and Superman decorations everywhere. I kept showing Mom all the awesome decorations - not realizing she was the one who had bought them all. I thought Grandpa and Grandma did it all but Mom thought that was ok.
My party was great. I celebrated with my parents, grandparents and great grandparents on Mom's side as well as my great aunt and uncle, Ron and Brig.
We had lunch, I opened gifts and then we had cake. I was pretty excited about the cake Mom made for me.Grandpa C. surprised me and put my birthday up on the information sign at the four way stop when you come into Harpers. So many people commented on it to me at the Easter Egg hunt. I hadn't seen it yet but after that Mom and Grandpa took me over to see it. I thought it was pretty cool!

After my party we cleaned up, packed up and headed back to our house. We had to get ready for Easter Sunday.
![]() |
| Me and my Easter Basket |
![]() |
| Me with the map the Easter Bunny left hunting for eggs. |
![]() |
| Ready for the Egg Hunt at Sunnyside. |
After that we headed to Grandpa and Grandma's house to relax and for Sisser to have a nap before my birthday celebration with family.
We went to Chuck E. Cheese and it was so fun! Since it was Easter there was almost no one else there. Only a few other people - it was great! We had pizza, I opened gifts and had cake again.
The highlight of my birthday party there was I hit the ticket jackpot on one of the games I was playing. You would spin this wheel and whatever number it landed on was how many tickets your won. Well I was lucky and landed on 125 which was the most you could win! It was so exciting!!
![]() |
| JACKPOT!! |
I had such a fun birthday and got so many great gifts, including Legos, clothes, garden tools, a new swimming pool, a Superman figure, Spiderman ball, money, a kite, bubbles, fruit snacks, dry erase board, more Legos, xBox game and a Batman suit.
On Monday it was back to school and I celebrated my birthday there. They had a special birthday crown for me to wear. When it's your birthday and you're wearing your birthday crown you get Smarties candy at lunch. I also brought birthday treats that Mom made. She made individual LEGO cakes for me to share. I thought they were pretty neat and my friends did too. Dad surprised me by having lunch with me at school that day too. Mom and Blythe were going to come but Blythe woke up sick that day so they had to stay home.
I'm a lucky, lucky boy and can't wait to see what being six has in store for me.
![]() |
| Grandma and Grandpa Cota |
![]() |
| Great Grandpa and Grandma Cota We were so thankful Great Grandpa could make it over to the party. |
![]() |
| Great Grandma Jones Great Grandpa Jones wasn't feeling well so he couldn't make it. |
![]() |
| Me with Granny |
![]() |
| Me with Great Uncle Ron and Great Aunt/Godmother Brigid |
![]() |
| More pictures of the cake Mom made for my 6th Birthday! |
![]() |
| Flying like Superman up to grab and egg that was hidden high. |
![]() |
| Our family on Easter Sunday. |
![]() |
| Before brunch at Sunnyside. |
![]() |
| Us with our cousins Reese, Flynn, Blythe, Cohen |
![]() |
| My cake at CEC. We used the Superman figure I got as a gift for a cake decoration. |
![]() |
| I got a Batman costume as a gift and I couldn't wait to wear it! I got some smiles from the few other people in Chuck E. Cheese. |
![]() |
| Our family celebrating at Chuck E. Cheese |
![]() |
| With Brent, Kari, Reese and Flynn |
![]() |
| With Grandpa and Grandma D. |
![]() |
| After celebrating at school. |
![]() |
| The LEGO cakes Mom made for me to take to school. |




























No comments:
Post a Comment