Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mall of America - Lego Store

This year Mom and Dad let me decide if I wanted to celebrate my birthday with a friend party or take a trip to the Mall of America to go to the Lego Store. I chose to go to the Lego Store. Because of swimming lessons, soccer and baseball we decided to go over Spring Break which was the week of March 16.

It worked out that Grandpa and Grandma C. could keep Blythe at their house while we went so I got to have an extra special time with just me with Mom and Dad. Grandma D. was planning to join us but she couldn't come because she ended up getting the flu. Mom, Dad and I had a great time though.

Emily and I having a kicking contest.
We stayed at a hotel with a swimming pool, which I loved! Dad's cousin Emily and her boyfriend Andy live in Minneapolis so they came over to out hotel. We had dinner then they swam with me for awhile.

Building a LEOG mini figure.
The next day we got up and went to the Mall of America. Our first stop was of course...the LEGO Store! I spent A LOT of time in there. They had so many Lego sets, and bins with pieces you could build your own mini figures. They also had stations where you could just build with Legos. We spent a couple hours there, had lunch then went back there again. We didn't go to too many other stores. I loved seeing the huge things built out of Legos. There was a dragon, a robot, a helicopter, people, tiger...all kinds of cool things.

We ate lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. At first I wasn't too sure about that because there was a huge snake at the entrance that looked a little too real. Once we got seated I was much more comfortable. I ate my lunch and because we were celebrating my birthday Mom told them they brought me a cupcake and sang to me.

After a full day at the Mall of America we went back to the hotel and I swam some more. It was an awesome way to celebrate my birthday!

My creation I made at the building tables outside the LEGO Store. 

Dad and I with the LEGO Dragon. 


Me with Poison Ivy.

Me with Aqua Man.



Me with Mom and Dad outside the LEGO Store.





Time for lunch! 



My birthday celebration cup cake. 

A robot made out of real LEGO. 

Dad and I at the hotel pool. 



No comments: