Saturday, February 20, 2010

22 months...


I turned 22 months old! That means it's won't be long until my 2nd birthday! Yay! I guess the thing that is changing the most about me is how much I talk. I'm learning new words and phrases everyday. I also have gotten a lot better at counting. I've been working on it for so long and I would think I had it down and then I'd forget a number here and there. I think I have it down from 1 - 14. I don't go through them all every time I count, but I can do it!

Mom and Dad got some measurements on me last night. Yeah, I'm still a peanut. I weigh 23 pounds, am somewhere around 32 1/2 inches long and my head is 18 inches in diameter. All of these things fall in the 5-10th percentile. I told you....I'm a peanut. But I am a healthy, very happy little boy and that is the important thing.

I'm doing much better about going to the Rec Room at the Rec Center when we go. Mom and I have been going 3 days a week and I still cry when she drops me off but I stop within seconds of her walking out the door. I have a lot of fun in there!

I'm starting to be a little better about eating. Mom and Dad have cut out most of my snacks throughout the day and in turn I have been eating a lot better at meal time. Occasionally I ask for a snack and if it's not too close to meal time I can have one but otherwise I have to wait or just have drink of water or juice. Bananas (nnaa) is one of my favorite things to eat. I ask for them quite often. Sometimes I eat one and as soon as I'm done I ask for another one. (Hey it doesn't hurt to ask, right?)

I continue to learn my letters. I've added a few more since I last posed on it and I'm working on learning the ABC song. I don't quite have that down...a ways to go actually but I'm getting it little by little.

Some of the phrases I'm saying are: "One more book", "Bad Marlie" "No bark", "Get back" "More milk" "Excuse me", and "Let's see" I know there are a few others but I can't remember them right now.

I'm spending the weekend with Dad. Mom headed out of town so I'll let you know how that all goes. We should have a good time!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: