Monday, February 1, 2010

Day for new things...

Today mom took me somewhere new. We went to the Rockwell Rec Center. I guess we're going to start going there to do mom and I both some good. (That's what she says anyway...not sure I agree on the "both of us" part). She is going to exercise and I am going to go to the child care room at the rec center. Today was my first day in there and it was a little rough. Normally I do just fine when someone else watches me, whether it be at their house or ours. For some reason this was just a little different for me. There were about 10 kids in there ranging from little baby to 4 years old. When we first walked in I stuck pretty close to Mommy's leg. Then one of the care givers got me interested in playing with a musical toy. Their policy is if a child cries more than 10 consecutive minutes they go get their mommy. Well I didn't do that but when Mom came back to pick me up she said she peeked in the window to see how I was doing. I was just sitting on chair with my head down, dragging my feet on the floor. I was a little sad too. Mommy said she could tell by looking at me I was kind of whining. When she came in the room she came over to me and I was doing my "crying breathing" where I kind of gasp time to time while I'm calming down. One of the ladies told her I did "ok". She told her how I would play a little bit, then get sad, then play a little, then get sad again. Mom said she knows this is definitely a good thing for me and it will be good for her too. She's hoping I learn to like it and get the good out of it. We shall see. Sounds like I'll be heading back there again this week sometime.

No comments: