Monday, April 19, 2010

Two isn't so terrible!

Today is my 2nd birthday. I woke up this morning and Daddy heard me on the monitor repeating "Haaahhh -peee Birt - day!" over and over again. :) I had a great day! I spent the day at home with mom, but then tonight my friend, Parker and his Mom and Dad came over to our house. We had left overs from my party and had more birthday cake and they sang "Happy Birthday" to me. After dinner, we had cake and ice cream and we all went to play at the park. We had a lot of fun!

Yesterday was my big birthday party! I had a Go, Diego, Go theme party and so many of my family and friends came to celebrate with me. I am such a lucky boy and I got so many awesome gifts! I do have to say though, that my favorite gift was Thomas the Train bath toys. However I don't intend to use them as bath toys...at least not yet. I have waaaaay too much fun carrying the three of them around EVERYWHERE I go, saying , "taaains......taaaains" I LOVE them! A few other special gifts I got was a toy box that was my mommy's when she was a little girl. Grandpa and Grandma had it painted with my name on it. And my Granny got me a train that spells out my name. She painted it herself to match my bedroom. I also got a golf set, a Tag Jr. reading system and some Tag Jr books, a bus, a sprinkler, some roller skates, paints and paint brushes, a book, a Thomas the Train outfit, a rodeo set with horses and cowboys, another Thomas Train, some money, and a pedal tractor! I still need to work on pedaling but I can reach them!

My friends and I had fun playing tee-ball, soccer and basketball with Uncle Dolly, playing in the ball pit, on the climber, in the sandbox and with bubbles!

Here's the stuff Mom is going to want me to write about so she doesn't forget it....

At two years old I go to bed around 8:30 and get up around 8:30 most days. Some days I sleep in until 9 or 9:30. I like to have oatmeal for breakfast - different flavors like cinnamon roll, banana bread, apple crisp, peaches, blueberries or strawberries and cream. It's yummy!

I always take my 'guys' (snugglie and monkey) to bed with me. And I say "I....wuv.....eeee (you)" to who ever puts me to bed.

I'm not a real big eater. I really don't like meat very much. I will eat chicken most of them time but that's about it. Not much for eating hamburger or any other kind of meat. I LOVE pizza, bread, peas, green beans, bananas, craisins, dried cherries, grapes, strawberries and gold fish crackers.

I love getting my socks and shoes taken off, so much the anticipation is almost more than I can handle. I usually am giggling and flinching before they are even off. It's pretty funny I guess. And my toes...well my toes wiggle almost constantly. When I am watching tv, just relaxing or doing pretty much anything, they are wiggling. Dad says I get that from Mom and Mom says she gets it from Grandpa...so I guess I come by it naturally.

Some funny things I am saying now are, "oh, oh, oh-tay", "seat belt on" (this comes from 'Bot' on Team Umizoomi).

I recently discovered Thomas the Train. I LOVE watching it. I still watch Umizoomi, Diego, Dora, Kai-Lan and Mickey Mouse....but right now Thomas is my obsession. Mom and Dad aren't really sure how my love for trains started and to be honest I really don't either but I do love them!

I love playing outside in my sandbox, kicking a ball around the yard, climbing up on my play set and going down the slide. I LOVE Marlie! She makes me smile. I like to give her hugs and throw toys for her.

I act shy when someone new first talks to me but within a few minutes I'm all smiles and thinking they should be talking to me more.

I don't have my 2 year check up scheduled yet but Mom weighed and measured me. I weigh 24 pounds and am between 33 1/2 - 33 3/4 inches tall. My height would put me between the 25-50th percentile and my weight 5-10th percentile.

I think being two is going to be a lot of fun! I'll still be writing about my many adventures. I hope you'll check in on me from time to time!


Here are some pics from my party!!

Cohen with "Granny"


"Three Amigos"



Cohen with Grandpa and Grandma Cota and Great-Grandma Cota


Cohen with Grandpa Cota, Mommy and Great-Grandma Cota


Cohen with "Uncle Dolly"

Cohen with Grandpa and Grandma Dahlstrom


Cohen with his favorite gift - three rubber trains from Thomas the Train


Cohen giving Kaylee hugs


Even best buds have disagreements :)


But they still help each other out










Oh and I wanted to share these pictures. They are of my friend Parker, and our daddies. I know I've posted the older ones before, but just for fun here they are together.

(And nice - Dad has the same shirt on in the one from when we were newborns to the one tonight) :)

No comments: