Friday, November 21, 2008
Nap time...
Yesterday morning Mommy put me down for my first nap of the day. Now normally I don't want to be held when I'm tired, I want in my crib, my own space and I fall asleep peacefully. Sometimes Mom might even try to snuggle me a little before she puts me down, but I want none of it. I literally put my arms out and lean toward my crib. It makes her feel great. (sense my sarcasm). Anyway, yesterday she put me down and I crawled the end of my crib, got up on my knees and cried. She came in, calmed me down, laid me back down and I did the same thing. She came in, calmed me down, put me back down, same thing....we did this for about half an hour with her picking me up twice. She didn't know what to do. She called Dad to see if he had any idea what might be my problem, he had now idea. Thought she was doing the right thing, keep doing it. You see - I stumped her. I've NEVER acted like that before. Finally she picked me up and we sat in the chair in my room. I snuggled right up to her, nuzzled my face in her shoulder, and fell right asleep. It was wonderful! Mommy thanked me for snuggling with her. She said I can't get used to it doing that every time it's time to sleep, but once in awhile is more than fine. She held me for awhile, and said she didn't ever want to put me down. It was so nice to have me sleeping on her like that again. But she knew it was best for me, so after about 20 minutes she laid me in my crib and I continued my nap. The rest of the day I napped how I always have, wanting my crib. But for yesterday morning, I wanted my Mommy to snuggle with, and it made her whole week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment