Sunday, November 30, 2008

My First Thanksgiving...


Mommy, Grandma D and I headed up for the Thanksgiving holiday on Wednesday. Mommy left me at my great-aunt Brigid's house that afternoon while she went and got her hair done. I got to play with aunt Brig, uncle Ron, and Grandpa C. I had a lot of fun there. Mommy said she used to spend a lot of time at their house when she was a kid, so I thought it must be a fun time there.

On Thursday I celebrated my first Thanksgiving. I guess I don't see what all the fuss is about with turkey. I wasn't a huge fan. I did eat some, but didn't really know what to think about it. My Thanksgiving dinner was turkey and sweet potatoes. My daddy came up that morning, and we all visited my Great-Grandma D's house for a little while, and later went to my great-aunt's house. I was doing my best and making everyone laugh. We came home Thursday night. Grandpa and Grandma D, and Emily came too. I heard some of them get up really early in the morning. They told me they went shopping. I don't know why you'd go shopping at that time, but they came home with a bunch of stuff, so I guess they really did shop. Daddy and I just stayed home and played.

The rest of the weekend we've just been relaxing. I did get to go out to eat at Chili's last night. Mommy, Daddy, TJ, Paula and I all went. We had a fun time and I was a really good boy. They came to our house afterward, but I had to go to bed. They watched a movie I guess, but it wasn't a kid movie. I don't care, I was tired anyway.

Well I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. Now that I've experienced my first, I know what that's all about....just waiting for Christmas!!!!

No comments: