Monday, May 19, 2008

Life is an adventure...

Anyone who thinks it's easy to take a baby out and about needs to give mommy some tips. She woke up this morning and thought we should go to the mall.

So while I'm still sleeping she got up, took a shower. Just out of the shower I wake up, she gets dressed, gets me up, I get a fresh diaper and clean clothes for the day. Mom starts feeding me about 10:00. After I eat I do better if they hold me up right for 15 minutes so I don't "spill" - we did that, and dad claims if I don't fall asleep after I eat, my chances of "spilling" greatly increase. I didn't fall asleep, so mom was a little nervous to just let me hang out and held me a little longer. After awhile she put me in my seat and finished getting ready.

Marlie still needed to go outside to go potty, so she went out on her tie out while mommy got my diaper bag packed up. Then mom decided since she hadn't used the stroller yet she better make sure she knows how to fold/unfold etc...so a quick trial run with that...success! Now, my bag is packed, Marlie went potty, the stroller is loaded in the car, mom put me in my car seat, buckled me in....and realized she should probably have changed my diaper before we go. So...back out of the seat, get clean duds, back in the seat, all of this is really wearing me out, and I fell asleep as soon as I got buckled back in. Mom was worn out too, and we hadn't even gotten out the door yet! Oh, this was going to be a trip to remember!

We finally did get out the door and made it to mall about 1:00 (remember...we started at 10:00). I slept the whole time we were there, mom did a little shopping but didn't find much to buy (dad will be happy about that).

So...if anyone cares to argue that it's easy to take a baby somewhere, take that up with mommy, and be prepared to share your easy travel tips, because after today she's thinkin' it's easier to just stay home! =)

Thanks for reading about our crazy day! XOXOX

Oh - on another note, last night I ate at 9:00, stayed awake until midnight, mom and dad expected I'd wake up around 1:00 to eat, but I didn't wake up until 6:00! They couldn't believe it. I'm awesome! And, I think tonight is the night I move to my room. I'll let ya know how that goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tell your mommy that next time she wants to be adventurous and leave the house with you to call me! I can help out and maybe it wont be so hectic for her!

Oh, and Happy One Month birthday (belated)....I cant wait to see how big you've gotten!